Running for the pies

Running for the pies

Monday 6 February 2012

23rd January: Morning dip

Well I managed to drag my sorry arse out of bed and got down to the leisure centre for the swim... I managed to stretch the length before taking breathers to 125m this time, so an increase on last week and something to build on.

When I was walking to the pool to dive in I bumped in to 'Chopper' who was plodding away doing lengths. Chopper, like me, is one of the older players in our footy club (he was in the year above me at school) and is finding his playing opportunities more limited, so has decided to hit the pool for exercise. Like me he has not really swum properly since leaving our school and also finds it pretty hard going! I can understand why he has turned to the pool for exercise as I cycle to training and matches for when I am on the bench as a substitute rather than starting I get more physical benefit from the ride there and back rather than partaking of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment