Running for the pies

Running for the pies

Wednesday 25 January 2012

23rd October: Schedule

Well I've been casting my eye around the various events out there in the South of England and I have come-up with the following schedule.. All subject to change of course as I may not be able to enter some of them due to events filling-up etc:

Jan        Basingstoke Canal
Feb       Devon CTS
Mar       Sussex CTS
Apr       Exmoor CTS
May      Thames Trail (Trailblazer)
Jun        South Downs
Jul         Fairlands Valley (Stevenage)
Aug       Salisbury 54321
Sep        Farnham Pilgrim
Oct        Winchester Clarendon Way
Nov       Ridgeway (Trailblazer)
Dec        Dorset CTS


I'm planning on the first marathon being along the canal where I do a lot of my running. In fact from Brookwood Station to my house the route is exactly a marathon length.

The thinking behind this is that having never run a marathon before I want to ease myself in to it on a fairly easy course. Considering I have run a half distance along here several times and with it being a canal tow-path the terrain is pretty flat and steady I felt it will be an ideal practice before the first official one in February. At least that way I will not be throwing myself in the deep end at a competitive marathon having never done the distance before. Just a little psychological thing!.. And when I say competitive, I am not there to compete or race anyone but myself. I am merely asking myself to make a good effort and finish somewhere other than last.

No comments:

Post a Comment